FORTINET FORTIAUTHENTICATOR VIRTUAL MACHINES
Standards-based secure authentication which works in conjunction with FortiTokens to deliver securetwo-factor authentication
FortiAuthenticator user identity management appliances strengthen enterprise security by simplifying and centralizing the management and storage of user identity information.
Enterprise Network Identity Policy
Network and Internet access is key for almost every role within the enterprise; however, this requirement must be balanced with the risk that it brings. The key objective of every enterprise is to provide secure but controlled network access enabling the right person the right access at the right time, without compromising on security.
Fortinet Single Sign-On is the method of providing secure identity and role-based access to the Fortinet connected network. Through integration with existing Active Directory or LDAP authentication systems, it enables enterprise user identity based security without impeding the user or generating work for network administrators.
FortiAuthenticator builds on the foundations of Fortinet Single Sign-on, adding a greater range of user identification methods and greater scalability. FortiAuthenticator is the gatekeeper of authorization into the Fortinet secured enterprise network identifying users, querying access permissions from third-party systems and communicating this information to FortiGate devices for use in Identity-Based Policies.
FortiAuthenticator delivers transparent identification via a wide range of methods:
- Polling of an Active Directory Domain Controller
- Integration with FortiAuthenticator Single Sign-On Mobility Agent which detects login, IP address changes and logout
- FSSO Portal based authentication with tracking widgets to reduce the need for repeated authentications
- Monitoring of RADIUS Accounting Start records. FortiAuthenticator FSSO Features
- Enables identity and role-based security policies in the Fortinet secured enterprise network without the need for additional authentication through integration with Active Directory
- Strengthens enterprise security by simplifying and centralizing the management of user identity information.
Additional FortiAuthenticator Features
- Secure Two-factor/OTP Authentication with full support for FortiToken
- RADIUS and LDAP Authentication
- Certificate management for enterprise VPN deployment
- IEEE802.1X support for wired and wireless network security
- SAML SP/IdP Web SSO